Whether you are looking for evidence to support patient care, complete course work or carry out research, we can help you make more effective use of a wide variety of information resources.
Our main training sessions are:
- an overview of the NICE Evidence website
- how to access and download journal articles and eBooks
- how to construct and apply a search strategy to identify literature on a topic
- using interfaces such as EBSCO and OVID to search the major healthcare databases provided through NICE Evidence
- an overview of the different types of study
- what to look out for when reading a paper
- tools to help
- some very basic statistics
- appraisal of an example paper.
There is a rolling programme of sessions available. Please see the calendar and booking form below for details.
This printable poster can be displayed in your department–Library Training Sep – Dec 2021
We are happy to put together training sessions to meet your specific requirements. We can offer training for groups or individuals, at the library or in your workplace. We are also happy to train on other databases (e.g. Cochrane, Trip, DynaMed) and can offer sessions on referencing. Please contact us to arrange training.