Where to find us: –
The KGH Library Service main entrance is through the Prince William Education Centre (located along the corridor from the Rothwell Road entrance into the main body of the hospital).
Access can also be gained using our 24/7 OutOfHours door (see photo below). Please use your ID badge (only available if you have applied for 24/7 library access) or during normal library opening times press the buzzer and we can let you in.
Options for returning items: –
Items must be returned to the Library either by
- bringing them in and handing them to us at the Enquiry Desk
- dropping in them in to the the internal returns box on the Enquiry Desk
- dropping them in to the external returns box at the foot of the steps leading to the 24/7 OutOfHours door (see the photo showing the big blue returns box below)
- return by post is at your own risk but please send to:
- KGH Library Service, Prince William Education Centre, Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Rothwell Road, Kettering, Northants. NN16 8UZ
What will happen if I don’t return my loan/loans on time: –
Non-return, or contact, within 2 weeks of the item/s due date (5 days if you were informed an item could not be renewed as another member was waiting to borrow it) will, as per our Policies, result in your being charged the full replacement cost of each item, plus any outstanding charges on your account, without further notice.
Once the charging process has commenced these charges will stand, we will not accept return of the item/s. We thoroughly check our shelves before arranging for any deductions to be made.
Your responsibilities: –
You are responsible for the safe return of library material, items returned via the internal/external post have occasionally gone missing. You may be charged for the replacement of lost items.
As per our Regulations overdue notifications are a courtesy only.
Possible extra option: –
Unless the item is due back as another member is waiting to borrow it, or there is a problem on your account which requires your attention, we may be able to restart the renewal process. If this is something you would like to take advantage of please either – call in to the KGH Library with the item/s OR send us a photo of the item/s in your possession to [email protected], we then review the loan/s and let you know if we have successfully managed to restart the renewal process.
Please contact the library, if you are experiencing difficulties.